‘Placing ecological thinking at the heart of creative practice.’
We are creating a new Ecostage website. In the meantime, welcome to this holding page
Formerly ‘Ecostage Pledge’, Ecostage is an online autonomous initiative launched in 2015. It is currently being re-envisioned by a group of ecologically-minded designers, as a go-to place for practical guidelines and ecological values, that helps all performing arts practitioners make their practices more sustainable. Use this site for ideas, case studies, and resources. Join in the global community and pledge your public commitment to a sustainable future.
Ecostage is intended for a cross section of theatre makers (not just designers), such as production managers, directors etc., answering a need for shared principles and joint objectives to use from the offset amongst the whole production team. It appeals to all sizes of companies and types of production needs, and to all stages of career.
The rewards period for our Crowdfunder campaign is now finished but you can still donate using Crowdfunder or PayPal.
Ecostage will be relaunching with a new site in late 2020
The site will contain:
- A list of intersecting principles to be downloaded and used as sustainable production guidelines .
- An interconnective approach: including the whole ecosystem, humans and the more than human world.
- An online pledge with a downloadable logo to use on documentation as a declaration of intent.
- Resources including an expanding library of inspiring case studies and diverse practices exemplifying ecoscenography in action.
- A supportive global community of practitioners in all stages of careers.
Please click below to download the press release:
Join us on social media!
“You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.”Jane Goodall – primatologist and anthropologist
“If you do not appreciate the small steps you support the status quo.”Jean-Claude Audergon – psychotherapist.